ProteinWorks presents the Protein Apple Pie. OK. So, ready for this one? You have to start with the base:
For the base, grab the mix outlined below and press it into three of mini tart tins.These are great for pie, as you’re getting a mini sized snack pie, that can be easily transported around with you.
1/4 cup pea protein
1/8 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
1 teaspoon toffee flavdrops
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon wattleseeds (optional)
1. Mixed together in a bowl with a spoon.
2. After pressing the mix into the tin, bake them at 180 C (356 F) for approximately 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, slice and steam three medium sized apples. When the base of the apples are cooked, you are now ready to make a start on the filling.
If you are using a vanilla flavoured powder though, you can ditch the flavdrops and/or the vanilla essence. It’s up to you. The wattleleseeds are also optional but we recommend them because they add a gorgeous crunch and nutty undertone to the whole thing. If you don’t have wattleseeds though, you can throw in a tbsp of flaxseed too. The flaxseeds will give the base that nice crunch and flavour.
1/4 cup quark
1/2 tablespoon toffee flavdrops
1/4 cup Collagen Sport vanilla whey protein powder
Pie Assembly Directions:
1. First, I added a layer of apples.
2. Then, a layer of quark/whey, then, another layer of apples.
3. Finally: the goddess of all spices – cinnamon.
Macros per Serving (out of 3):
29.2g carbs (20.2g sugars)
3g fat (1.1g sat)