Join The Team At
The Protein Works
Our Story So Far
Rewind to 12th December 2012. Out of a freezing cold office (because we couldn’t afford heating back then!), our founders huddled round a couple of computer screens. This was the moment. After a year of working round the clock and a lifetime of tempering the thirst to create a world-class brand, we pressed LAUNCH. That was the moment THE PROTEIN WORKS™ website went live to the globe.
It’s not an overly fancy story, we know. There’re no garages worked out of, no office in the Bay Area to talk up. But fancy isn’t in our DNA, innovation is. With the idea to rock the very foundations of a sports nutrition industry that had become complacent, we set out to create an online sports nutrition brand that put pure quality & wow service before lowest possible price. With that vision and all it entails; we knew we’d be the underdogs from the very beginning. But you know what? We love that.
Fast forward almost 6 years and the journey from humble Cheshire beginnings, to over 1 million orders shipped globally may be in the bag, but our future is just beginning…
Get On Board The Rocket Ship
At our Cheshire based HQ we handle the full business mix. On one side of our HQ you’ll find our Operations Department, including Finance & Planning all the way to Fulfilment, Warehousing and our very own Production facilities, pumping out the finest fit foods on the market. Step a couple of yards across, and you’ll open the doors to where we plot, plan and perform! In our central Sales & Marketing Team we handle the full Performance Marketing mix, Brand Management, Design, Customer Experience, Content Creation, SEO and CRO and Trading. We also have an inhouse Tech Team & International Trade working alongside us… all in the one place. Is it a squeeze? Sure. But only when it comes to knowledge base! We do this on purpose because we believe that our business is best when it collaborates and moves as one. It’s super charges personal and business growth.
Innovation Is In Our Bones
At our very core we believe in innovation in everything we touch. It’s engrained in our product range, in our people and in our proposition.
So of course, it follows naturally that we believe in an in-house approach to everything. We purposely put the talent and expertise that our business thrives on in the sole care of ourselves and our team. In short, we don’t ‘do’ agencies and we categorically believe that if there’s a solution to be had – our team are the best ones to devise and deliver it. As such, TPW is an entrepreneurial place that values those people who want to make a dent, don’t want to be held back & don’t do politics. Our people are bored with ‘corporate’, are positively impatient & passionate self-learners. The culture is fast paced, supportive, and audacious.
The way our business is built and what we’re capable of, reflects that mindset.
Opportunities Like This Aren’t Normal
This is your chance get on board! Joining a team of talent in the next fast growth phase of the business as we deliver to an ambitious 5-year plan which sees Marketing & Tech investment as key to our success. Work with like-minded, passionate people, deliver to ambitious monthly targets internationally, have the autonomy normal people would be scared of, whilst enjoying flexible working, in a market that is buzzing, in offices purposely located out of the jammed city centre, in the suburbs of the northern digital hub.
We're Searching For...
Head of Customer Experience
The uber-talented and incredibly driven person selected for this role will play a pivotal part in the delivery of our brand strategy. As well as leading a team of high performing CX Specialists, you will play an active role in the operational set up of our service proposition and also manage key website experience elements within all our markets (UK, IE, FR, DE, IT, ES). To ignite this role, you’ll need to think customer first, be digitally aware and tech-savvy.
Using your leadership skills, problem-solving ability and love for customer service, you will be the person on the ground helping to ensure we deliver world-class service and wow moments in our UK and European markets as we grow.
Merchandising Manager UK, EU & ROW
This is a newly created role within our Trading Team, giving the right candidate the opportunity to make an instant impact and put their own stamp on all things Merchandising.
The role will deliver in three key areas of our team and business:
- To own the products. Be the advocate, the champion and the obsessive over all things product related. This includes launch management, product and category lifecycle management & promotion and CVR optimisation across UK & EU.
- To own the content. It’ll all be yours. Across all countries and channels. This includes product content (copy, images, media) through to landing page and homepage content. Ensuring its on brand and drives performance and engagement.
- To own the experience. Management of the full on-site customer journey. Ensuring frictionless shopping, owning and driving conversion rate performance through management of the micros and the macros.
CRO Specialist (Front End Developer)
If you’re fluent in all things CRO, know how to develop front-end websites, are keen to manage projects, and generally obsessed with winning in a mobile-first world, we want to meet you. We work lean and fast to build and iterate quickly, so we need a do-er who is also interesting in influencing the product roadmap and owning A/B testing.
It's fast-paced and it's demanding but it's very rewarding and a fun environment to be in. We're not award-winning by accident. Rigorous testing of everything on the site (you excel with A/B test methodology, and know how to read the data from test callouts). Conversion rate optimization - you know what makes a page CONVERT. You will be self-driven to be successful and drive revenues through your work.
International Customer Experience Execs
You will be responsible for managing our customer's interactions in the UK and EU, across all comms channels as well as innovating proactive personalised outreach. You’ll also be working closely with our Digital Marketing experts to support content creation and campaign management, whilst taking an active role in the care of our social communities in real-time. You speak incredible English as well as speaking either German, Italian, French or Spanish (or a combination!)
- Sports Nutrition Advisors - If you love helping people achieve their goals and are qualified to do so then let us know. Friendly, passionate, helpful. Get in touch!
- Website Technology - Whatever your area of online technical expertise - developer, project manager, analyst, tester, engineer, we want to hear from you. Get in touch!
- Digital Graphic Designers - If you're an online designer looking for a new challenge, whatever your level. Creative, talented, mobile friendly. Get in touch!
- Digital Marketers - The team here have won several digital awards so they're a talented bunch, but we're always interested in adding to the crew. Get in touch!
- Warehouse & Production Team - We have a wide range of opportunities in our operational teams, whatever your level, we'd like to hear from you. Get in touch!
- New Product Developers - If you're exceptional at product development and innovating at pace in sports nutrition, then throw your hat in the ring. Get in touch!
- Newly Graduated? - Just out of uni and looking to get your foot on the career ladder? Fire over your CV and we may just have an opportunity for you. Get in touch!
Email us (ideally with your CV) via the email address below and we'll be in touch if we'd like to find out more about you.