Taco’s are my go to choice when it comes to Mexican food, easily made, and super simple to prep in advance and have throughout the week. This Chicken Taco Recipe uses a classic Lime Chicken Recipe and jazzes it up with an all singing, all dancing Cuban Salsa. Check out our Dessert Recipes for afters
Serves 5 people
Carbohydrates: 15g Per Serving Proteins: 9g Per Serving Fats: 15g Per Serving Calories: 216
- 5 x Taco Shells
- Chicken Breast x2
- Lime Peel
- Lime Juice
- Green Pepper (Sliced, Seeds removed.)
- 125g Coriander, Stalks removed.
- 1 Ripe Mango
- 2 Spring Onions
- 2 Garlic Clove
- Lime Juice
- Jalapeno Pepper (Optional, use Red Peppers if you don’t want the heat)
For the Salsa:
1. Chop your spring onion into small strips, getting rid of any loose strings.
2. Slice and dice your Garlic and your Mango, removing the skin first then dicing.
3. Add the garlic, spring onions, lime juice to a mixing bowl and mix together thoroughly.
4. Lastly add in your fresh coriander sprigs and garnish with slice Jalapeno
For the Tacos:
1. Grab yourself a small frying pan and add a splash of oil and start off on a low heat.
2. Chop and dice your Onion into small chunks and add to a frying pan along with your Green pepper for 3-4 minutes.
3. Grab your marinated chicken and add it to the pan, cooking for 7-8 Minutes minutes
4. Pre-heat your oven to 180c
5. After 4-5 minutes, add in your tomatoes, followed by the spinach and coriander and reduce to a very low heat.
6. Add your Tacos to the oven and wait till they are nice and crisp before removing. Usually 5-6 minutes.
7. Slice your Avocado, grab your tacos and start to fill, garnishing with Avocado and your Cuban Sals