As i’m up for work early and out the door, I never have time to make a proper breakfast full of good carbs, protein and fats so I tend to make a shake and down it. A covenient way to get in a good breakfast to fuel the day ahead. Heres one of my favourites….
- 3 scoops TPW Oats
- 2 Scoops TPW Strawberry Whey Protein
- 1 Generous Scoop/40g Peanut Butter (smooth, no one likes choking to death at breakfast)
- A good squirt of Strawberry TPW Zero Syrup (still don’t know how its zero calories, tastes good though)
- Handful of Strawberries
- 300ml semi Milk (skimmed is fine but I’d stay away from water as it would taste pretty grim)
- Ice Cubes (not essential but with the amount of powder going in, which is probably kept at room temperature, you may find the shake not as refreshing)
Nothing complicated here, just stick it all in a blender and wizz it up!
As with other shakes, this recipe is versatile e.g. you could leave out the oats or replace it with dextrose if you want a good post workout shake.
I like to stick in some Hagaan Daaz now and again to keep it exciting and give more flavour and calories, my goal is bulking at the minute so its a nice little cheat.
Due to its high calorie content this would make a good quality weight gainer.
- Protein: 50g
- Carbohydrates: 85g
- of which sugars: 15g
- Fat: 30g
- Calories: 950 (this sounds a lot but these are good quality calories coming mainly from the low GI oats and the organic peanut butter)