Most people have skipped a meal at one time or another.
Sometimes it’s to lose weight, sometimes it’s because you were so busy you forgot or, on the rare occasion, it’s because you had nothing to eat in the house. When this is the case you might have wondered what impact this is having on your body.
In this article, we’ll take a look at why unplanned, regular meal skipping can be problematic and what you should do about it.
Problem #1: Calories
This is problematic regardless of your goal. For example, if you’re aim is to build muscle you need to eat in a small calorie surplus but by skipping meals you reduce your calorie intake and risk eating at calorie maintenance or even in a calorie deficit.
On the other hand, if you’re goal is fat loss and you’ve set up your diet to lose weight at a consistent steady pace, skipping meals could result in you losing weight too fast. This creates a host on knock-on problems like potential muscle loss, increased hunger and reduce adherence to your plan.
Problem #2: Protein
If like most people you spread your protein intake out over your meals for the day then randomly skip meals due to being too busy or simply forgetting because you have so much on puts you at risk of missing your protein target.
Once in a while, this isn’t too much of an issue but if it becomes a regular occurrence then you drastically increase your risk of muscle loss.
Problem #3: Overeating
When you skip a meal and you’re not used to it you can become much hungrier than you’re used to. This means when you reach your next meal your ability to make sensible food choices is diminished.
Couple this with the feeling that you need to compensate by eating more than you normally would to satisfy your hunger and ‘make up for it’ and it’s easy to see how this can make reaching your goals much more difficult.
What’s the answer for some who is skipping meals due to a hectic work schedule or busy social life? Well, that’s where we come in.
Here at TPW headquarters, we got together to try and figure out how we can help you reach your goals and maximise your nutrition even when you’re flat out busy and don’t have time to prepare and eat a full meal.
Our answer…meal replacement shakes.
Meal Replacement Shakes
Meal replacement shakes are essentially a protein shake with all the nutrients (vitamins and minerals) you need, included. Better yet, we designed our shakes with your health in mind which means they also contain:
- Naturally occurring fibre to help with digestion
- Medium-chain triglycerides (fatty acids) to provide a sustained release of energy
- Vitamins and minerals to support immune function
- Green tea extract for its fat-burning properties
This makes them the perfect alternative to eating a full meal, perfect for those living busy lives and needing a healthy substitute they can have on the go.
The Benefits of Meal Replacement Shakes
To help you avoid unwanted meal skipping that can impact your progress and keep you further away from your goals, our meal replacement shakes can help you stay on track in several ways.
- Calories: By introducing a meal replacement shake into your diet in place of meal that you would normally skip you can ensure you are getting enough calories for your fitness goal
- Protein: Packing 20g – 25g per serving our meal replacement shakes help you maintain a consistent protein intake to maintain or build muscle when used in conjunction with a healthy diet and smart training plan
- Health: Using meal replacement shakes not only allows you to better manage your hunger across the day but with our mix of vitamins and minerals you get all the good stuff you would normally get from a full meal to help support your overall health
- Cost-Effective: Starting from as little as £14.99 a pouch meal replacement shakes are a fantastic way to stay on track without breaking the bank
- Efficient: If you usually skip meals because you’re too busy then meal replacement shakes are the perfect solution for you. They can be made in 30 seconds and drunk at home or on the go
Which Shake is Best for You?
You should now see the benefits of meal replacement shakes to help cut out unplanned meal skipping. Which is why we want to take a moment and show you how to decide which shake is best for you.
We have several options available, which means you’ll be able to find the best fit for you no matter your meal replacement needs.
- Diet Meal Replacement: High protein and low calories with 25g of protein for 209 calories this meal replacement shake will keep you feeling fuller for longer, whilst tasting amazing and providing all the macronutrients you need. Prices start at £16.99
- Diet Meal Replacement Extreme: Our ultimate meal replacement shake, using our advanced formula with both slow and fast digesting protein, low GI carbs and high fibre. This shake provides 24g of protein for just 207 calories. Prices start at £19.99
- Vegan Meal Replacement: A nutrient-dense shake designed for weight loss, this Vegan meal replacement packs 245 calories and 20g of protein per serving to keep you fuller for longer for fewer calories. Prices start at £18.99
- Diet Breakfast Smoothie: Your meal replacement morning boost, this shake contains 206 calories and 23g of protein. Start your morning off right with improved alertness and energy production. Prices start at £13.99
- Complete 360 Meal: A complete Vegan-friendly meal, this shake packs 400 calories per serving with 30g of protein, all the macronutrients you need and a dose of probiotics to boot. Prices start at £12.99
Here at TPW, we take your health seriously which means we’ve taken a lot of time putting together this range of optimal meal replacement shakes to help support you in your fitness goals.
This means not only creating mouth-watering flavours but high-protein, goal-getting, health-supporting products that don’t break the bank.
Shop the range here.