½ cup + ¼ cup oat flour (you can make your own by grinding oats in a food processor)
2 scoops vanilla whey
1 tablespoon coconut flour
2.5 tablespoons granulated sweetener
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
Zest from 1 medium lemon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/3 cup milk
2 egg whites
¼ cup pistachios
½ cup non fat plain Greek yoghurt/quark
1 teaspoon lemon zest + 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla casein or 1 tablespoon whey + 1 teaspoon coconut flour
Sweetener of choice
1. Preheat oven to 375F/175C.
2. Put everything (except the pistachios) in a bowl and use a handmixer to make a smooth batter (or use a blender).
3. Chop pistachios and add them to the batter.
4. Pop in the oven and bake for about 15-18 min. Don’t overcook them! If you do, they will be hard and dry so take them out a bit early so they’re moist and gooey
5. For the frosting, just mix all ingredients in a bowl. Cut a tiny hole in a plastic bag, fill the bag with the frosting and squeeze gently to decorate the cupcakes.
Macros per cupcake without frosting:
7.5 g protein
8.9 g carbs
2.6 g fat
per 1 cupcake with frosting:
10 g protein
9.4 g carbs
2.8 g fat
You must be logged in to post a comment.
How many does this make?
Good question! Will ask Sanna…