Welcome to this recipe for these delicious, no bake, Fig and Vanilla Whey Protein Bars!
Why fig you might be asking? WELL – Calcium, iron, and potassium are just a few of the concentrated nutrients found in fig rolls. Additionally, they are high in fibre, free of fat, salt, and cholesterol. They are readily available, high in calories, and can be used as a rapid energy snack or as a regular element of the diet to offer sustained general nutrition. Therefore, with the added protein, these bars are a must have!
1 big fat juicy fig
1/2 cup vanilla whey protein
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 tablespoons oats
2 tablespoons coconut flour (or ground almonds)
1/4 cup coconut milk
25 grams dark chocolate
1. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl with a spoon.
2. Divide the mixture into two – in order to shape it into two bars.
3. Melt 25g 100% dark chocolate, in a bain marie (a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water).
4. When the has chocolate melted, dunk the bars to give them a coat and then finish coating them by spooning melted chocolate on top of cover in order to cover all the bars’ naked bits.
5. Stick the bars in the freezer for 30 minutes and then they’ll be ready to enjoy!
Macros per bar (out of 2):
No Comments yet!