Strawberry cheesecake is a sweet treat for all dessert lovers! A buttery biscuit base with a creamy indulgent top, what’s not to like? Well we’ve one upped this with a Protein Strawberry Cheesecake recipe to satisfy all needs. Strawberry flavoured protein items come in many forms, from protein bars to protein shakes, but what if they don’t quite hit the spot?
Luckily, we’ve got you covered with this simple but delicious Protein Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe!
Ingredients for the base:
1 Cookies n’ Cream Ridiculous Vegan Protein Bar
2 tablespoons Only Peanuts Nut Butter
1/2 cup ground nuts (preferably almonds but any will do!)
Ingredients for the filling:
One big tub 2% greek yogurt (approx 500g)
1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
1 cup liquid egg whites
1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
Ingredients for the Strawberry ‘Swirl’:
No added sugar strawberry jam (you could swap this with a fresh strawberry coulis though! That’s probably be even nicer.)
1. Heat up your quest bar in the microwave for 10-15 second until it gets soft. Then, immediately blitz it with the rest of the base ingredients until you get a crumbly sort of dough.
2. Press this dough to the base of a small (6″) nonstick springform pan using your fingers. Press it down evenly to cover the entire base.
3. Make the filling by blending all the filling ingredients, except for the strawberries which you want to add at the end (you don’t want to blend them in because you want to retain their texture).
4. Pour the filling on the crust adding a swirl of jam (or strawberry coulis) on top of the filling.
5. Bake for about 50-55 minutes at 160 C (around 325 F) until it feels cooked through but is still wobbly in the centre. This part of REALLY important. Don’t let the cheesecake cook ALL the way because it sets as it cools and you want it creamy, not weirdly cakey. So take it out while it’s still slightly wobbly in the centre. You can let it sit in the turned-off-oven for 15 minutes too to ensure it sets nicely and evenly.
5. Let it sit for a few hours in the fridge or leave it to set overnight before slicing. When you’re ready to slice, remember to put a knife around the edges before unfolding it first to ensure it doesn’t stick to the sides of the springform pan.
6. Finally, cut yourself a slice (or three) and enjoy the world’s most delicious strawberry protein cheesecake!
Macros per slice (out of 8):
9g carbs (out of which 3g is fiber!)
No Comments yet!