Have you ever made protein donuts using protein powder? It really isn’t that hard. All you need is a silicone donut mould and a few very basic ingredients. These donuts are baked too so, compared to regular donuts, they’re much lower in calories – and fat! Give this recipe a go next time you’re craving donuts.
12g (1/8 cup) whey protein powder
100g gluten-free self-raising flour (this was key to making the donuts airy and cakey)
1.5 egg whites (44g)
1 tsp (5g) vanilla
1/8 cup-ish (22g) coconut sugar
Splash of almond milk (enough to turn the batter into a thick pancakey batter)
1. Whisk all your ingredients together.
2. Bake in a silicone donut tray for no more than 15 minutes at 179 C (320F).
3. Add your melted dark chocolate (90% dark) and sprinkles!
Macros per donut (out of 6 small ones)
61kcals, 2.5g protein, 10g carbs, 1g fat.
When you make this recipe, please bear in mind the following:
1. If you want to and can, add a bit more fat. Perhaps a tiny bit of coconut oil? Just one teaspoon in order to make the donuts more moist.
2. Add some moisture-absorbing ingredient, like pea protein to your batter. Or some almonds. Just to add more ‘body’ to the donuts.
3. If you want to make lower-sugar donuts, use some stevia drops or a granulated sweetener to your donuts instead of coconut sugar!
This is a recipe worth making for sure! It definitely satisfied your desire for donuts!