The classic shortbread dessert is packed full of butter, sugar and chocolate which equates to around 320 calories and 16g of fat, which therefore makes it very difficult to fit into our daily macro guideline. What if I told you you could have a sweet yummy millionaires shortbread slice every day and still be healthy, with less than 100 calories and 6g fat?
This recipe really is the bomb, the shortbread is crumbly, sweet and moist, the caramel layer is sweet and sticky whilst the chocolate layer is just divine. It tastes just as good as the real thing, if you don’t believe me, try it for yourself!
(Makes 15 Servings)
60G oat flour (oats blended into flour)
40G Ground almonds
3 Scoops TPW Vanilla Creme Whey Protein 80 (concentrate)
1.5 tbsp TPW Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1 tsp baking powder
Unsweetened soy milk
2 tbsp pancake syrup
2 tbsp Stevia
1 tsp Almond butter
1/2 scoop TPW Vanilla Creme Whey Protein 80
1/2 scoop TPW Chocolate Silk Whey Protein 80
2 tbsp pancake syrup
45g Dark chocolate
1 tbsp TPW Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1 tbsp pancake syrup
1 tbsp TPW Chocolate Silk Whey Protein 80
How to Make
For the Base:
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Grease & line a 6 x 3 inch rectangular pan
- Mix together the oat flour, ground almonds, whey protein, stevia, baking powder & 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute
- Mix in the coconut oil & about 2 tbsp of walden farms syrup
- Start to add a little soy milk, slowly, until it reaches a doughy texture, it should be sticky but not sticky enough that it sticks to the back of the spoon
- Put in pan and bake for 8 mins
For the Caramel:
- Mix 1 tsp almond butter with the 1/2 scoops of whey protein and about 2 tbsp of syrup, add SMALL amounts of water at a time till it reaches a thick sticky caramel like texture.
- Spread on top of the shortbread base & put in fridge to set
For the Chocolate Topping:
- Prepare a pan of boiling water with a glass bowl on top, melt the coconut oil and dark chocolate together.
- When its fully melted add the protein and 1tsp of walden farms syrup.
- Spread on top of the caramel layer
- Leave in fridge to set for about 1 hour before slicing.