Here’s a quick recipe for really quick and easy maple & banana whey protein pancakes. They’re really simple to make and need only a handful of ingredients you might have in your cupboard/fridge!
1/2 cup unflavuored or vanilla whey protein (Whey 360 or Whey 80 would be the perfect choice here)
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup oats (gluten-free or regular)
1 tsp of natural maple extract or 1 tbsp maple syrup or zero calorie syrup
1. First, get a nonstick pan out and add some coconut oil or low-cal cooking spray. Turn the heat to hot until the oil/spray starts to sizzle.
2. Pour your pancake batter on the nonstick pan. It’s up to you what size you choose to run with.
3. As soon as you pour your batter onto the hot pan, turn it down to medium. The reason you do this is so that the coconut oil, PAM, or low-cal spray can ‘toast’ the sides of the pancakes when they land on the pan without burning them or overcooking them. This is the secret to getting that golden ring around your pancakes!
4. Wait until bubbles appear on the pancakes’ surface and then flip them.
5. Do this again 3 times until you’ve gone through all your batter.
6. Plate the beasts, add maple syrup, honey or your sweetening syrup of choice on top + sliced bananas and/or strawberries, some bacon, ham, nut butter, coconut oil… basically, whatever your tastebuds demand and your macros allow for.
7. C’est tout. Es todo. That’s it. Ετοιμα είναι. Ready to be devoured whole – or shared, if you’re that kind of person and are in that kind of spirit.
Macros per 1/2 a batch of pancakes
283kcals, 34g protein, 29g carbs and 4g fat