This might just be the tastiest homemade protein bar recipe out there, because let us tell you now that these Double Chocolate & Nut Protein Bars are sensational!
Now we know what you might be thinking… ‘making my own bars? isn’t that A LOT of effort?’
Well, actually, the recipe to make these is super simple and requires just three easy steps:
1. Make your dough
2. Dunk the bottom and side in dark chocolate
3. Top with peanuts and add more dark chocolate to cover before freezing to set
That’s it! See these three simple steps below before going into the recipe itself:
Ingredients for the bars:
25 grams gluten-free oat flour
20 grams whey protein powder
20 grams coconut flour
70 grams peanut butter
40 grams agave syrup
18 grams cocoa powder
40ml almond milk
30 grams dark chocolate
1-2 tbsp peanuts
1. Mix all bar ingredients together until you get a dough that you can shape with your hands. If it’s too sticky, add a tiny bit more of the mix. If it’s too crumbly, add a bit more of the milk (but watch out to not add too much!)
2. Press the whole thing into a pan and leave it in the fridge for a few hours before you slice them into bars.
3. Once they’re shaped into bars, melt your dark chocolate.
4. Dunk the bottom and side of the bars into the dark chocolate (as in the pic above).
5. Add peanuts on top and the rest of the melted dark chocolate.
6. Freeze until set and DONE! Real dark chocolate coated protein bars!
Macros per bar (out of the five you get from the mix above): 204.5kcals, 17.8g carbs (out of which 3.5g is fibre!), 10.7g protein, 11.5g fat
No Comments yet!