Preparing a high protein rice pudding is a simple, quick and delicious way to fill you up whilst offering a tasty dessert option. If this sounds like a bit of you, we have the perfect chocolate protein rice pudding recipe.
Whether you’re craving a sweet and nutritious snack or fuelling up for an active day, a protein rice pudding is sure to satisfy your needs.
Discover our chocolate protein rice pudding recipe below…
200g paella rice (risotto or pudding rice can also be used)
1 Litre of almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
2 scoops of Chocolate Whey Protein 80
(1/4 tsp stevia or vanilla essence optional extra sweetener)
1. Put the rice into the saucepan with approximately half the milk & bring slowly to the boil. Stir regularly
2. Once the pan is boiling, turn down to simmer on a very low heat & stir regularly (avoid letting it stick to the bottom of the pan)
3. Keep adding more milk regularly as the rice swells, ensuring there is always milk covering the rice
4. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes, or until the rice is soft and swollen, keep adding milk as required
5. Take off the heat & allow to cool before adding the whey powder, 1 scoop at a time, stirring well, add more milk if necessary to achieve desired consistency. Divide into 3 servings
Notes: Keep in the fridge for up to three days. Can be frozen although texture may change when defrosted