Do you think these muffins are cute? Do you want to eat them? Would you like to learn how to make them? All you need, besides your batter, a blender, an oven, and muffin cases is a pipping nozzle. You don’t need the bag to attach it to or anything – you JUST need the nozzle. Pipping nozzles are dirt cheap, super easy to use and well, they make stuff look all serious.
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (could sub this with cooked sweet potato)
1 cup liquid egg whites
1/2 cup quinoa flakes (could sub with oats or barley flakes)
1/4 cup milk (I used coconut milk but any will do)
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup vanilla casein
2 teaspoons orange zest
2 scoops casein
5 tablespoons Greek yogurt
5 tablespoons milk
1. Blend ingredients together and bake at 180 celsius (356 F) for 20-25 minutes.
2. Let cool when done.
3. In a bowl, mix 2 scoops of casein with 5 tablespoons of greek yogurt and about 5 tablespoons of milk (add one tablespoon of milk at a time). Do this until you get a frosting-like mixture – creamy and not overly watery.
4. When the casein mixture is ready, stick your nozzle in a plastic sandwich bag (a ziplock bag will do).
5. Push the nozzle to the corner of the bag and cut a corner off the bag so the nozzle sticks out.
6. Then, just stuff all the casein mix in the bag, twisting the top so there’s pressure and the casein comes out as you press it.
Macros per Serving (out of 6):
10.3g carbs (2.75g fibre)
2.8g fat (2g sat)
That’s it! The muffins came out super soft, cakey, and mmm! + the frosting!? woopa 😀 You can store them in the fridge too and, as the casein cools in there, you’ll notice it becomes even more like frosting (it hardens up a bit) so yeah, big thumbs up! (PS – with almond butter inside? -> !!!)
You must be logged in to post a comment.
wow.. could have easily made 8 or even 9 cupcakes with the amount of batter I had! They’re overflowing with 7! Can’t wait to ice ’em up and taste them! (I did add 1/4 cup stevia in the raw… I like my protein treats a lil sweeter.)
Thanks for the recipe!
Oh my god, I came on here thinking I probably wouldn’t be able to follow all the recipes due to my milk protein intolerance, but for this one I’ve actually got all I need for in my cupboards right now :O Le’s get cooking, you’re magic btw!
Thank you <3 Yeah, a lot of my recipes are actually dairyless so wohoo! 😀