Who doesn’t love Cheesecake? This simple Vegan recipe is packed full of natural goodness and flavour. Ideal to make of an evening and enjoy as a post workout snack without emptying the macro bank.
Vegan Millionaire Cheesecake
By TheProteinWorks These pancakes are packed with protein but filled with tasty, sweet, chocolatey goodness. What’s not to love?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1:00
Total time: 1:15
Yield: 8 Servings
- Saturated fat: 19.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.2g
- Sugar: 17.3g
- Sodium: 213 mg
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 7.2g
- 120 g Raw Cashews
- 275g vegan cream cheese
- 1 scoop of The Protein Works Millionaire’s Shortbread Vegan Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla extract
- 160 ml maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 75g Rolled Oats
- 85g Raw Almonds
- Pinch of Salt
- 35g coconut sugar
- 4 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
1. Add cashews to a mixing bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Let rest for 1 hour (uncovered). Then drain thoroughly.
2. Preaheat oven to 175degc, and line one standard loaf tin with Parchment Paper
3. Add oats, almonds, sea salt, and coconut sugar to a blender and mix on high until a fine consistentcy is achieved.
4. Remove the lid and add melted coconut oil, starting with 4 Tbsp and adding more if it’s too dry. Pulse/mix on low until a loose dough is formed, scraping down sides as needed. You should be able to squeeze the mixture between two fingers and form a dough.
5. Now transfer the mix into loaf tin, spreading evenly. Cover with Parchment paper and press using a flat bottomed object.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, at 175 degc before then increasing for 5-10 minutes to 190 degc or until the edges are golden brown and there is some browning on the surface. Remove the base from the oven, allow it to cool and lower the oven to 160 degc
7. Add the cashews, coconut cream, vegan cream, vanilla, coconut oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and sea salt to blender and blend on high speed until the mix is creamy and smooth.
8. Now add the filling to the crust, pouring gently, and give the crust a gentle drop onto a kitchen counter to remove air bubbles.
9. Bake for a further 60 minutes, to test, check that the centre is still wobbling at the end of the cook, you don’t want the centre to have set entirely.
10. Once removed from the oven, cool for 10 minutes, then cover and place in the fridge for 6 hours, or overnight.
11. To serve, lift out of pan with parchment paper and cut into bars or triangles.
For a cheeky extra add TPW Butterscotch Zero Syrup