Serves 2 People:
Carbohydrates: 105g Per Serving Protein: 56g Per Serving Fats: 4g Per Serving Calories: 695 Per Serving
- 250g Israeli couscous (also called pearl couscous)
- 1 small bulb fennel, thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 1/2 Cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 pieces skinless salmon fillet
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions; rinse to cool.
- Combine the couscous, fennel, cucumber, shallot, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the salmon with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and sprinkle with the fennel fronds.
- Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with the couscous salad