You just have to try this cookie dough for yourself! It’s indulgent, addictively moreish, but best of all? It’s incredibly healthy and packed with plant-based protein! I suppose you’re wondering what the secret ingredient is? Well, drumroll please…. It’s chickpeas! Yep, these wonderful fibre-rich and protein packed little legumes not only boost the nutritional benefits of this recipe as they are loaded with iron, potassium, vitamin B6 and magnesium; but they also create a fantastic, dough like texture that holds its shape. There is zero flavour imparted from the chickpeas – only satisfying, chocolatey, cookie-dough goodness.
This dough is so good that we tend to just eat it straight off the spoon (oops) but you can also roll this into cookie dough protein balls (as shown below) for a delicious and convenient post-workout snack. We also love sandwiching this dough between two pretzels for a sweet ‘n’ salty treat! This also works well with fruit such as strawberries or bananas, or try blending a tbsp of the dough into your protein shake for a luxuriously creamy cookie dough creation!
Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition per serving: kcal: 231, Protein: 19g, Carbs: 10g, Fat: 14g
- 2 scoops TPW Vegan Protein Cookies ‘n’ Cream flavour
- 1 tin of chickpeas (drained)
- 75g dark chocolate chips
- 125g TPW Smooth Peanut Butter (or alternative nut butter of your choice)
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 20g TPW Pure Fine Instant Oats
- 250ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 40ml TPW Zero Syrup in Maple Syrup flavour (taste after adding 40ml, if not sweet enough to your taste, gradually add more until it becomes your desired sweetness).
- Drain and rinse chickpeas
- Add all ingredients except the almond milk and chocolate chips to the food processor
- Add half of the almond milk, blend, if the mixture is too thick, gradually add the other half. If you find the mixture is still too thick for your preference, add a tbsp of milk at a time until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula and dig in!
Tip 1: If you are making these into cookie dough protein balls, refrigerate the mix for around 30-60 minutes, until its firm enough for you to roll into balls. When prepared, you can refrigerate them in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze them and simply thaw as-and-when you want them!
Tip 2: This cookie dough is also very versatile as you can easily alternate the flavour by using different nut butters, or make a delicious fruit and nut version using hazelnuts and dried cranberries. Chocoholic? Substitute the Cookies ‘n’ Cream protein powder with a different flavour, such as Choc Peanut Cookie, for a double chocolate hit!