Pumpkin Spice up your life with this delicious autumnal treat! Packing an incredible 22g protein per serving, this is the perfect pre or post workout pick-me-up whenever you’re in need of an energy boost and a sweet (guilt-free) treat! High in protein, low in fat and only 3g sugar per serving, our Pumpkin Spice Frappe’s beat any coffee shop offering hands down – FYI: a Grande Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte racks up a hefty 49g of sugar a pop! That’s 19g more than the daily amount of sugar recommended by current NHS guidelines – woah. Our Pumpkin Spice Frappe is both nutritious and tastes unreal – give it a go yourself!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 30g scoop TPW Protein Coffee Coolers in Cappuccino flavour
- 200-300ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (see spice mix recipe below)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 55g pumpkin purée (if you can’t find tinned puree, you can steam fresh pumpkin/butternut squash flesh to make your own. If you can’t be fussed, it’s still amazing without the pumpkin flesh – you just lose the orange colour).
- 1 cup ice
- A squirt of whipped cream (optional)
For the pumpkin spice mix: these quantities should make enough for 7 servings (1 tsp per serving)
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
To make the pumpkin spice mix, simply stir or shake the spices together until evenly mixed.
For a Frappe:
- Add all ingredients including the ice into a blender (aside from the cream if you are using) and blend until it’s a smooth, frappe consistency.
- Pour into glass (if topping with whipped cream add it now), sprinkle over a little pinch more of the pumpkin spice and enjoy immediately!
For an Iced Latte:
- Pour 200-300ml of almond milk into your TPW™ shaker and add one 30g scoop of Protein Coffee Cooler, mix well (the less liquid you use, the stronger the coffee flavour will be, so adjust to suit your own taste).
- Add ice, give another good shake and pour into a glass. Add cream at this stage if you wish and sprinkle over a little extra pumpkin spice. Enjoy Immediately! Yum.