It’s never too cold to indulge in this delicious Vegan Bounty Ice Cream – bringing you tropical sunshine in a bowl! If you’re feeling extra naughty, top with a shot of coconut rum and you’ll feel like your swinging in a hammock in the Bahamas…OK, perhaps you’ll need more than just the one shot for that.
Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 5 scoops
Nutrition per scoop: kcal:156 , Protein: 2g, Carbs: 5g, Fat: 20g
This creamy, dairy-free coconut ice cream recipe contains no added-sugar, requires no ice cream maker and couldn’t be easier to make! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 475ml Coconut milk (be sure to use full fat coconut milk, not lower fat alternatives or coconut milk drinks as this would not achieve the same creamy texture that we’re after)
- 40ml TPW Zero Syrup (we use the maple syrup flavour for this, use a little at a time and if after adding 40ml you would prefer more sweetness, continue to add more gradually until you reach your desired sweetness)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- A drop of coconut extract (optional, recommended if you prefer a stronger coconut flavour)
- 50g dark chocolate, grated or finely chopped
- TPW Zero Syrup in Choc Fudge flavour
- Desiccated coconut or coconut shavings to serve
- Stir all ingredients together (minus the dark chocolate) in a bowl until combined
- Pour the mixture into ice cube trays or shallow Tupperware tubs to freeze.
- Blend the frozen mixture in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add the dark chocolate and pulse for a few seconds to mix through the ice cream.
- Either eat straight away or if you prefer a firmer consistency, return to the freezer for an hour or two for a firmer texture.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of choc fudge Zero Syrup and a sprinkle of coconut on top – delicious!
Tip: Homemade ice cream always tastes best on the day it’s made, this ice cream can be stored in the freezer for a few weeks, you would just need to thaw it before eating as it would become more solid the longer its left in the freezer.