Protein Oatmeal Bars are a great breakfast-on-the-go snack, packing as they do a nice combo of complex and simple carbs along with a strong old punch of protein! They’re open to a lot of fun variations too. You can, for example, add some raisins to your bars. Or you can add chocolate chips. Or walnuts. Or flax. Heck, you can even add bacon! That’d probably taste a bit weird though… but, hey, who are we to judge, right?
1 cup rolled oats
4 tbsp peanut butter (or almond)
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup vanilla or toffe-flavoured Whey Protein
1 tsp toffee flavour drops
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup vanilla or unflavoured Pea Protein
2 tbsp coconut flour
20g unsweetened dark chocolate (optional)
1. In a bowl, roughly mix all ingredients together.
2. Press the batter down onto an (ideally nonstick) brownie pan.
3. Bake at 160 C (320 F) for about 30-40 minutes or until, when poked with a knife, your knife comes out clean.
4. Melt your dark chocolate.
5. Decorate the bars with melted dark chocolate!
Macros per bar (out of 9 bars)
173kcals, 16g carbs, 4g fibre, 9g fat, 7g protein