Brad Carter is the owner of Carters of Moseley, a Michelin star restaurant, based in Birmingham. In 2016, the restaurant was awarded its first Michelin star, making it the fifth restaurant in Birmingham to receive one.
Brad join us at The Protein Works, for this new series called ‘Michelin Star Cooks’, using The Protein Works products at Michelin star level.
Brad Carter has used The Protein Works products to create Ridiculous Bar Corn Dogs. Get the recipe below!
The Recipe: TPW Ridiculous Bar Corn Dog
- 2 x The Protein Works Ridiculous Vegan Bar
- 2 x Wooden Skewers
- 160g x Plain Flour, sifted (Extra for coating)
- 100g x Fine Corn Meal
- 1 x Vegan Egg Replacer (No Egg)
- 4 x Tablespoon of Sugar
- 1 x Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 250ml x Plant-based Milk
- 40g x The Protein Works Rawtella
- 100ml x Almond Milk
- 1 x Scoop Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
- Place a pan of oil on the heat to 185 °C.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl, add the plant milk & whisk until smooth.
- Dip TPW Ridiculous bars in the flour to coat them, then insert the skewers.
- Dip the skewered bars into the batter slowly making sure it’s all coated the drain the excess.
- Carefully submerge into the oil then holding the stick to lower it gently, repeat quickly with the second.
- Fry for around 3 minutes flipping half way through until nicely golden, drain on kitchen paper.
- For the sauce, add the almond milk to a bowl & whisk in the protein powder, add the Rawtella until combined & drizzle over the corn dog.