Chocolate and hazelnut are one of those classic combos that always seem to be paired together, but there’s a good reason for that – it just works SO well!
So what happens when you take this classic combo and turn them into a high protein cake? Well, good things happen!
Here’s the recipe for these Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Protein Cakes!
2 cooked beets
1 and 1/4 cups liquid egg whites
1/2 cup pea protein powder
2 tablespoons coconut flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup almond milk
4 fat medjool dates
2 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts
1. Using a handheld blender or food processor, mix together all of the above ingredients barring the hazelnuts and medjools.
2. Pour into either muffin cases or a mini bread loaf pan like mine.
3. Bake at 160 C (320 F) for about 35-40 minutes or until your knife/toothpick comes clean after inserting in in the cakes.
4. Once baked, allow the cakes to cool and then slice them horizontally to fill them with a combo of hazelnuts and medjools.
5. Sprinkle finally with cocoa powder and…. BANG! They’re ready.
Macros per 1 cake (out of 6):
You must be logged in to post a comment.
What can I use instead of beets in the Dark chocolate hazelnut protein cakes