These delicious, spiced apple pie protein oats are the perfect way to start your morning (particularly when it’s cold and dark!) and can be whipped up in a flash! The warming cinnamon and autumnal apple pie flavours are like a comfort in a bowl! Packed with plant-based protein, slow-release carbs, fibre and healthy fats, these oats will keep hunger at bay and provide quality fuel to kick start your day!
Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition per serving: kcal: 426, Protein: 20g, Carbs: 35g, Fat: 18g
Top with sliced apple and nuts (or anything else that takes your fancy), these protein oats are also perfect with a good drizzle of Maple Syrup flavour Zero Syrup – yum! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 100g TPW Pure Fine Instant Oats
- 250ml water
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100g grated apple (skin on)
- 20g TPW Pea Protein 80 (unflavoured or salted caramel flavour both work well with this recipe).
- 1-2 tbsp TPW Zero Syrup in maple syrup flavour
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Small handful raisins
- Large handful of pecans or almonds to serve
- Slices of apple to serve
- Pinch of salt
- Mix together the oats, water, almond milk, grated apple and cinnamon in a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes; until thickened.
- Add in salt, raisins, pea protein and maple syrup flavour Zero Syrup to taste.
- Stir well to combine. Loosen out with a little more almond milk if you find the oats too thick to reach desired consistency.
- Serve topped with an array of your choice of nuts, sliced apples and/or other fruit, seeds, cinnamon, extra zero syrup if desired or your choice of nut butters. You could even top with a sliced apple and cinnamon flavour Protein :Crunkie bar if you need serious fuel for the day ahead!
- Dig in and enjoy!