Michelin Star Chef Brad Carter is back with this Christmas cracker of a recipe! Bringing you all the festive flavours of a mince pie (minus the hefty sugar and fat content) bursting with fruit, nuts, slow-release carbohydrates and packed full of protein to keep you fuller for longer!
Nutrition per Serving: kcal: 486, Protein: 33g, Carbs: 65g, Fat: 12g
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 50g TPW oats
- 150ml hazelnut milk or almond milk
- 1 (30g) scoop Whey 360 Extreme Cinnamon Cereal Milk flavour
- 5g coconut sugar (optional)
- 8 flame raisins
- 3 prunes, diced
- 8 almonds
- The zest & juice of 1 clementine
- 1 clementine cut into segments
- Put the clementine segments, juice & zest into a bowl then add the raisins, prunes & almonds, stir together so everything is evenly coated & mixed, leave to macerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the nut milk then add the oats.
- Cook the oats for around 3 minutes in the nut milk until softened.
- Add the almond butter & cinnamon protein powder & mix together, smoothing out any clumps.
- Remove the porridge from the heat.
- Spoon the porridge into a serving bowl then sprinkle with coconut sugar (if using) & gratinate with a blowtorch or under a hot grill.
- Spoon on the fruit mixture evenly over the porridge in a flat layer, eat immediately.