GO GREEN Vegan Matcha Cookies
These Vegan matcha cookies are the perfect way to celebrate World Vegan Day. Gooey and moist and only made with 8 simple ingredients. These matcha cookies are truly an easy and delicious vegan cookie recipe.
10 g cornflour
75 g plain flour
70 g light brown sugar
70 g vegan butter
½ tsp baking soda
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
40 g white vegan chocolate (if desired)
- Combine 1 ¼ tbsp of boiling water with chia seeds to make a chia egg. Stir well, then set aside for later.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a large mixing bowl and add in the brown sugar.
- Mix the butter and sugar mixture until it thickens slightly and sugar has partly dissolved.
- Add the vanilla and chia egg to the butter mixture and stir.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, bicarb, corn starch, salt, and matcha powder.
- Add the flour mixture to your butter mixture and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- Chop your white chocolate and fold into the matcha cookie dough.
- Cover your bowl with clingfilm and let the dough rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
- After an hour, scoop the mixture into 8 equal balls and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 180°C/356°F and let cool on baking tray.
- Don’t forget to MELT your butter!
- Don’t think you need to bake the cookies until they’re hard. Bake until the edges are crisp, but the middle is still soft. This way you’ll get a gooey, rich, moist cookie.
- This recipes makes 8 cookies.