Valentine’s Day coming up and if you have someone in your life who loves chocolates AND healthy eating, we strongly recommend you make them a batch of these! They’re absolutely delicious!
Here’s how you make them:
First, if you don’t have one, go get a silicone chocolate mould. You have time. Just head over to your local kitchen shop to get one or visit amazon where there is an insane amount to choose from. There are a ton of different shapes you can get – hearts, stars, ducks and bunnies, all kinds! Silicone chocolate moulds are really fun and if you’ll probably use them a lot so go grab a tray or two.
To make these chocolates, use some pea protein. Could you make these chocolates with another protein powder? For sure! But when it comes to food, our protein is awesome! It has absolutely nothing added to it. This *may* sound boring to some of you but if you want to have a versatile powder that you can use for sweet and savoury recipes, then pea protein is a must!
Back to the chocolates, they’re a dark chocolate lover’s dream! Unbelievably tasty. They happen to be dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan as well. The recipe is super easy too. It’s jotted it down below in tablespoons AND in grams for those of you who prefer grams over tbsps.
Take a look at the Notes below as well for add-on ideas too!
1 tbsp almond butter, smooth – 16g
1/2-1 tsp vanilla stevia drops
1 tbsp pea protein powder – 10g
1/2 tbsp golden linseeds aka flaxseeds
1 tbsp almond milk – 15ml
1 tbsp cocoa powder – 7g
2 tsp granulated stevia or coconut sugar – 8g
1/2 bar dark chocolate – 100g
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl or food processor until you get a delicious dough! Divide this dough into five tiny balls. Try not to eat them all – you’re going to want to!
2. Melt your dark chocolate.
3. Place half of the dark chocolate in the bottom of the mould and your dough in the middle.
4. Cover with the rest of the dark chocolate.
5. Refrigerate for a couple of hours and that’s valentine’s day sorted!
6. Place the chocolates in a heart-shaped chocolate box or a regular box if you want to make a more touching impression and give them to your loved one this Valentine’s Day! Or to yourself because #SelfLove, ya’ know, hehe.
To jazz up your protein chocolates further, consider adding some freeze-dried berries to your dough! Or chopped walnuts or pecans. You could also add a few drops of Tia Maria if you want to make boozy truffles. Or whisky even. Or champagne? Just bear in mind if you DO add any of that, to use only 1/2 tbsp of it and then 1/2 tbsp of your almond milk (to ensure your dough stays doughy).
No Comments yet!