With the current global situation escalating and new measures being put in place to try and control the spread of Coronavirus more and more of us are having to work from home.
This means a big adjustment to your daily routines and a large knock-on effect for your training and nutrition. Not only are you not able to get to the gym but working from home means you’re less active than normal.
This change in circumstances can create a situation where your calorie deficit rapidly turns into your calorie maintenance or even surplus as you struggle to maintain your normal levels of activity.
At TPW we understand the importance of routine for sticking to your fitness goals and want to suggest a solution that could help you achieve your fat loss goals and save money.
Introducing meal replacement shakes.
What are Meal Replacement Shakes?
The best way to think of a meal replacement shake is as a protein shake with all your daily vitamin and mineral needs added in. In effect, it’s a one-stop-shop for all the nutrients you’d normally get from a complete meal.
Better yet, here at TPW, we recognise that there’s more to this than just getting a big hit of protein which is why our meal replacement shakes have been created with your health and your goals in mind.
To this end, our meal replacement shakes contain naturally occurring fibre to help with digestion, medium-chain triglycerides (fatty acids) to provide a sustained release of energy, an essential mix of vitamins and minerals to support immune function as well as green tea extract for its fat-burning properties.
The Benefits of Meal Replacement Shakes
Ok, time to get to the good stuff, the benefits of meal replacement shakes.
- Calorie Control: by switching one meal a day with a shake you make it a lot easier to control your total calorie intake. This is particularly when you’re working from home and your activity levels have taken a hit
- Cost-Effective: with meal replacements shakes available from as little as £14.99 a pouch this is a great way to save some money on your weekly shop and continue hitting your fitness goals
- Time-Saving: For those who are busy meal replacement shakes are the perfect solution when you don’t have time to stop and make a full meal
- Convenience: meal replacement shakes are portable and convenient which means you can take them on the go. This may help you avoid the temptation of other foods when you’re out and about
- Fat Loss: research (1) shows that meal replacement shakes can help you feel fuller whilst eating fewer calories and that they can help speed up weight loss (2, 3, 4)
All these benefits are pulling towards one central goal, diet adherence. By including meal replacement shakes in your nutrition plan you make it easier to stick to your diet and reach your fitness goals.
What to Look for in A Meal Replacement Shake
When it comes to buying and using a meal replacement shake, there are a few things you want to look out for.
- 15g+ Protein: help with muscle maintenance and satiety when losing fat
- Fibre: important for digestive health
- Low in Sugar: this helps to avoid an energy spike followed by a crash
- Vitamin and minerals: vital for health and immune function if you’re going to skipping one meal
Here at TPW, we’ve spent a lot of time creating the optimal meal replacement shakes to help support you in your fitness goals.
This means taking the time to craft a wide selection of flavours that you’ll want to drink including banana smooth, millionaire’s shortbread, butterscotch ripple, chocolate silk and many more.
Shop the range here.
From everyone at the TPW team, stay safe out there.