Yep you read that right, here we have a recipe for a high protein Crème Egg!
You know those times where you’re walking around the kitchen looking for something small but delicious to snack on? Well now just imagine if you had a batch full of these in your fridge!
The best thing about it? They’re super easy and fun to make!
Ingredients for the ‘yolk’:
2 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/8 cup boiling water with saffron (you could just yellow food colouring instead)
1 tablespoon banana protein powder
4 teaspoons canned chickpeas
1 heaping tablespoon coconut flour
Directions for the ‘yolk’:
1. Blend everything together using a food processor or handheld blender until a paste or soft dough is formed.
2. Then, roll it into eight little yolk-sized balls and put them aside. Once you’re done, move on to making the ‘white’ part of the egg.
Ingredients for the ‘white’:
1/2 cup Total Greek yogurt (0 or 2% fat)
1/2 cup whey protein powder (vanilla or coconut flavoured)
4 tablespoons coconut flour
Directions for the ‘white’ and for assembly:
1. Mix all the ‘white’ ingredients together in a bowl and, once mixed, roll out eight balls and flatten then against your palm. Then, stick the little ‘yolks’ on them and close them up. This way you end up with a proper yolk and egg shape.
2. Once you’ve formed eight eggs (i.e. ‘white’ covered ‘yolk’ balls), melt 2/3 bar of 85% dark chocolate (66 grams) in a bain marie (a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water).
3. Coat each ‘egg’ in there and transfer it either to a cake pop mould or to a baking tray lined with some baking parchment or foil. Transfer to the freezer for an hour to set and ENJOY!
Macros per Egg (out of 8):
8.4g carbs (out of which 4.6 is fibre!)
Feel free to use vanilla, banana, banoffee, toffee or even chocolate whey for the ‘yolk’ too! And, for the ‘white,’ you can use a vanilla or coconut flavoured casein instead of whey + coconut flour, just add enough casein until you get to a pasty consistency and remember to taste your batter as you go along to ensure it ticks all your tastebuds’ boxes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
This looks like bliss…and your instructions look perfectly clear enough to follow… Gonna try this for a party tomorrow! Thank you.
You are a genious! I’m so hooked on this website 😀 Would love to try all your recipes, think it would take too much time though 😀 Just wanted to tell you that you’re the best 🙂
Pingback: Whoa Whoa WHOA Protein-Filled Dark Chocolates › Protein Pow